Celebrate Recovery small groups offer support and encouragement to anyone seeking freedom and wholeness in Christ as the one and only Higher Power. Small groups meet weekly and include individuals of the same gender who are struggling with a similar hurt, habit or hang up. Groups are led by trained facilitators and offer a safe place for men and women to be honest about areas where they are hurting or experiencing defeat. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements of the group. As we keep coming back, the Lord extends love and grace through the care we experience from others in the group. Individuals who participate in Celebrate Recovery support groups report that they gain new insights, find freedom from addictive and compulsive behaviours and develop skills for building healthier relationships with themselves, with God and with others.
Things we are:
- A safe place to share.
- A refuge.
- A place of belonging.
- A place to care for others and be cared for.
- A place where respect is given to each member.
- A place where confidentiality is highly regarded.
- A place to learn.
- A place to demonstrate genuine love.
- A place to grow and become strong again.
- A place for progress.
- A place to take off your mask and allow others to know who you are.
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks.
- A possible turning point in your life.
Things we are NOT:
- A place for selfish control. (We focus on ourselves, and we do not try to "fix" others.)
- A place for secrets.
- A place to look for dating relationships.
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others.
- A place for perfection.
- A long-term commitment.
- A place to judge others.
- A quick fix.
- A place to promote business ventures.