Celebrate Recovery (CR) is a biblically-based, recovery program that addresses our Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits using a 12-step approach based on the Beatitudes from the book of Matthew. CR leaders, understand your struggles, as they have experienced freedom from addictive and dysfunctional patterns in their own lives. They have been trained to guide people through the 12 Steps/8 Principles, and to provide a safe environment for accountability and building authentic relationships.
What is Celebrate Recovery?
Do you have a hurt, hang-up or habit?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you believe, or want to believe in God, yet can’t seem to?
- Do you want to trust God with your whole life, yet live in fear?
- If you are honest, are there things in your life, you’re trying to keep hidden?
- Is serenity only an ideal; seldom experienced?
- Do you find yourself overwhelmed by your struggles?
- Do you struggle with unhealthy anger?
- Have you developed unhealthy ways of coping when you have negative feelings?
- Are your relationships clouded by conflict and confusion?
- Do you find people in your life can’t understand you?
- Are you always trying to make people happy, yet not feeling loved?
- Do you have resentments that keep playing in your head?
- Have fear and loneliness become your companions?
- Do you have persistent feelings of low self-worth, shame, guilt?
- Do you have recurring pain about relationships and living in general?
- Have you tried to change your behaviors without success?
- Are you trying to change the behaviors of the people around you?
- Do you tell others, “I am only trying to help them”?
- Have you realized that you can’t even fix your own pain?
- Do your prayers for God’s help not relieve the pain?
- Are you holding on to your pain in secret?
- Are you realizing you need help to change?
- Are you struggling with self-hatred?
- Are you lacking spiritual resources to overcome the pain?
- Do you have difficulty and want to change?
- Are you exhausted from worrying?
- Is anxiety robbing you from enjoying things you used to look forward to?
- Are you feeling trapped?
- Is someone else’s behavior causing you pain and uncertainty?